October 20th 1984 I was married. Now 27 years later on October 20th 2011 our daughter married a Scottish man. It was the most beautiful wedding.
After the wedding my husband and I travelled to Adelaide to see my only living and favourite Uncle. I was lucky enough to spend three days with him and his wife. I love my Uncle very much and each time I see him now he says it may be the last. I hope I get to see him again though.
On our way home we went through Mt Gambier and seen the blue lake. It really is a beautiful blue at the time of the year.
We spent a couple of days in Portland where I found a patchwork shop. Of course it had to be visited for an hour, there was so much there and I managed to find a few things to buy.
Nearby is Cape Bridgewater which has an area called The Petrified Forest which looks like a forest of tree trunks turned into rock.
In this same area is a huge windfarm.
The next three days were spent on the Great Ocean Road which was so much nicer and more interesting than I though it would be. I loved the whole area. We went on a helicopter flight which was amazing. It really gives a different view of the area and as a result we seen so much more.
| The Grotto |
| London Bridge |
| View from the helicopter |
| Growing in the sand |
| As this is a big tourist area I guess people need reminding. |
Now today as I write this my husband has left on the boat to go back to Tasmania and I will fly home tomorrow. We have had a great three weeks with the wedding, spending time with family, cuddling our little granddaughter who has grown so much and seeing some more of our beautiful country. Now to spend a week at home and I have big plans for making quilts. Then it will be back to reality and work! I don't want to think about that at the moment.
Hey Gorgeous - will be happy to have you back in the land of Tas.....glad you've had a wonderful time xoxoxo Anne
ReplyDeleteLooks like a wonderful time all round... the wedding... family visits... beautiful scenery!
ReplyDeleteGood to have you back though. Cheers :)