In My Garden

Saturday, 25 February 2012

Changes in a day

This morning at about 7.30 I went outside to peg out washing.  However I got distracted by a beautiful pink rose that was just coming out.  Its called The Childrens Rose and the smell is so nice.  Then I had a look in the pond and was lucky enough to see two little frogs.








There are loads of tadpoles in there, some are so big and still have no legs growing.  To sit quietly at the pond and observe all that was happening in it was the best relaxation after seven straight days at work.  The day started out hot so I knew it was only going to get hotter, I have found wandering around the garden early is great therapy.  Its only a small garden but its ours and we love it.  About 7.30pm Max cooked on the bbque for us and we ate outside.  I noticed the rose again, it had changed so much from morning to evening, it was hard to believe it was the same rose.  The petals had gone from a darker pink to a lighter pink.




There has not been much happening craft wise this week due to work but last week I knitted four curly scarfs.  I have also done some more to the Bloom Where You are Planted x stitch.  Hopefully after this week when the stocktake I am organising is over with I will be able to do a lot more sewing and stitching.




5 comments:

  1. Kathy,
    Oh my goodness, how beautiful that rose is. I had to read the post twice, I thought it was two different roses. I can't believe anything is blooming yet anywhere. You must live in a warmer climate that I do. I'm glad you enjoyed my pictures of the snow. It was pretty. But oh, that rose, I could almost smell it! And, you knitted four scarves last week? Holy cow!!! You go girl!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, duh, I just looked on your page and you live in Tasmania. I guess that explains it!!!! Now I know why your rose is blooming!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely way to start the day. Time in nature is so relaxing and beautiful. Beautiful rose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, look at those scarves.....I purchased some of 'that' wool yesterday.....haven't done a lot of stitching myself Kathy, so I think you may be excused after working 7 straight xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy,
    Boy of boy do I wish you lived closer!!! You would be more than welcome to open boxes and just hang around. I look forward to coming down here every morning and it isn't even close to finished. Actually it's a mess, but I can tell it will be a lovely place to be. I can't wait! I'm doing some decorative painting right now.
    I'll post again soon on the progress. Thanks for visiting and commenting. I'm glad someone is enjoying my little project!
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete