When I first arrived there were so many people I couldn't get near the stalls so as I had all the time I wanted I decided to wander along the aisles and just take it all in. I found a few treasures on the way and noted the stalls I really wanted to go back to.
Giggle buttons was a definite stall to return to and I had a lovely chat to the owner and made a few purchases.
| Some small hangers I can use to make tiny quilts with for my dollhouse. The glove, tick one item off the list. |
| Scrapbooking pages which I will use one day. |
| The pattern and fabric from Giggle Buttons, printable cotton so I can have a go at photos on fabric. Batting Tape tick no 2 item off the list. |
As the afternoon went on I found there was less people and so I searched for the stall with the quilting frame that uses your own machine.....I just had to have a touch and a little play.....I wasn't rushing into any decision....I had been thinking about it since I had seen it on my wander around.......SO I have a little play and its all so easy, smooth, good.....I did the right thing, rang home and was told to make the decision myself (I knew that would happen).....but it would have been nice to have had some help. So after 5 hours of being at the fair I made the biggest purchase of a Happy Jack Quilting frame. Well its on lay-by and I won't have it paid off for a few months but I have in my mind all the quilts I can make now in preparation for when it comes. It is an Australian Design from Brindabella Quilting Systems.
| The frame I purchased comes with its own table, its not pictured on the website yet. |
I didn't get to tick item no 3 off my list - x stitch pattern, couldn't find it.
After the whole afternoon at the craft fair it was nice to go home to my daughters place. She had very kindly dropped me off and came back to pick me up. We started the day off with pancakes at the Pancake Parlour and had the nicest pizza for dinner and watched chick flicks. I really couldn't have had a better day. Thanks Steph. Next time I go to Melbourne I will be meeting my new granddaughter......about 4 weeks away.
So did you tick the 3rd item off....the x-stitch pattern? :) xoxo
ReplyDeleteHi, Kathy!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for your visit and your sweet comments!
Your visits bring a smile to my face!!
Hugs,
Debbie
What fun you had in Melbourne especially buying the quilt frame. Congrats! Have fun playing with it when it arrives.
ReplyDelete