In My Garden

Sunday, 14 August 2011

My thoughts about blogs


Today I have found a blog Single Dad Laughing (http://www.danoah.com/), its been going for a few years and there is so much to read on this blog that I will need to keep going back to it.
It has me thinking about all the different sorts of blogs and the incredible amount of information at our fingertips now.  The lives we can learn about and the people we feel like we know after reading their blogs and learning of their interests etc.  I will probably never meet any of the people whose blogs I like to read and get inspiration and ideas from but wow its great to, at a click, look at their blog  and know we are all human and have similar events happening in our lives no matter where in the world we are.
I travelled to Iceland in 2008 and in the town I was staying we came across some road works.  Not something exciting you may say but it made me realize that no matter what country we live in we have the same sort of things.  Our cultures may be different but everyone everywhere needs family, friends, roadworks, shops, businesses, public transport, houses, supermarkets, airports, the list goes on and on.


I have no idea what the words on this sign from Iceland say but I do understand the pictures.  So even if I cannot read another language on a blog, I can still learn something from the photos on the blog. 
For this post I would like to thank all the bloggers out there who look at or read my little blog.  I appreciate you taking the time to visit and love to read any comments left. I hope that you may find some sort of inspiration or at least take away something positive from your visit. 
I love spending time reading your blogs and learning more about each of you with each posting you make.  It’s the bestest (I know that’s not a word) way to brighten a cold wintery day. 
Hugs to Everyone




3 comments:

  1. My dear friend - Kathy the Philosopher....thats quite profound reading. And, I love the inspiration you provide me xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agreee. I have new friends in Australia, New Zealand, Britain, Greece, Norway, and all around the US. I probably won't ever meet them, but I have developed a friendship. They're there for a virtual hug, advice, prayers, etc. Oh, and don't forget the inspiration! My head is always spinning with ideas, and my wallet is always empty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How true are your words Kathy! You are RIGHT on the money when you say how much info and inspiration is at our fingertips. I love to visit YOU too and see what you're up to..will do MORE of it when I get home! Chat more then!
    Cheers my santa sack mate!

    ReplyDelete