In My Garden

Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Little Quilts and Knitting

My daughter was telling me one of her friends who is about 37 weeks pregnant had a scan the other day and something was found to be wrong with the babies heart.  My first thought is to make this little baby a quilt.  I have made a couple of small quilts and donated fabric for these little quilts to be made but I have never known who will get one and why.  So I was thinking yeah it will be easy to make a little quilt of love, however, it actually made me quite sad.  I don't know the lady receiving this little quilt but my heart goes out to her.  I was thinking of this little baby and I pray he or she will get some use of the little quilt and that somehow the mum and dad will find some love in the little quilt.  The bootees are for my daughter to send to whoever she wants to.  Apparently if someone is trying to have a baby its good for the couple to receive a pair of yellow bootees.   If you are interested in learning more about blankets of love please visit http://stitchingcubbyhole.blogspot.com.au/p/blankets-of-love.html


In the past few weeks I have spent a lot of time knitting.  Mainly samples for work, a loopy scarf out of Nelly Bobble Mesh, a new yarn that has just come in. A teddy bear out of a yarn called bristles. A cushion out of pure wool and fishnet yarn.  No photos yet as the only thing completed is the scarf.




2 comments:

  1. I'll join your petition of prayer Kathy - you're already show the love by making the little quilt!! You have an awesome heart xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never know who will use a Blanket Of Love do you! So sad!
    Love the idea of "yellow" booties too. Will remember that! :)

    ReplyDelete