In My Garden

Friday, 1 July 2011

A small flat parcel has arrived

I came home yesterday, 30th June, and didn't even think to check the mail box.  Today as I was pulling out of the drive I saw something poking out of my letterbox, I was already running a little late for work so why not run a minute more late.  I found a small flat parcel, a magazine and two letters of no importance!  The choice to open or not to open.  Work won out though and I ran inside with my mail, threw it on the bench and left it....I had all day to think about it and wonder wonder wonder.  What a great way to start the new financial year, inside my little flat parcel was the following


My first Christmas package from Cookies & Cream.   I just had to share with you all.  Where can I fit this into my crafting schedule...will it be done for this Christmas....what new fabric will I need to buy to go with it or do I check out the stash to see what I have? So many questions and so much to think about it!
Talking of the stash I have to admit it is getting down at long last.  I have made a number of things for charity lately and have used a lot of the stash.  Its a great feeling to be finally using the fabric for something that is going to be appreciated.  I have about 50 bags cut out ready to sew for Operation Shoe Boxes.  I make bags every year for this wonderful organisation, I imagine the children using their boxes until they break and then they have a bag to carry their treasures in.  Or maybe they give it to another family member who may have a use for it.....it doesn't matter what it is used for as long as it helps someone.
Tomorrow, Saturday, is a big day in our little house. I am hosting my daughters baby shower and there are about 21 people coming!  I am so looking forward to it and have had some wonderful family and friends help me with the organisation of it.  My daughter lives in Victoria so its great to have her home and to be able to celebrate a new baby who is due to come into the world in September. This is a present she has already received.  The red thing is a cigar for the dad to be.  I'm certain he will appreciate that.

2 comments:

  1. I'm in this club too...so it's great to see what is waiting for me! Yeh!
    Hope the "shower" goes well.. what a wonderful event to look forward to...a new baby!
    Congrats nanna-to-be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh--looks like some wonderful ideas you could share with us at the White Christmas in July Party, Kathy.

    Love that bear. Congratulations to your daughter and to all of you.

    I'm so glad we connected.
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete